Digital business is driving a fundamental shift to cloud-native applications, creating a new set of operational and performance challenges ill-suited to the currently available solutions. At OpsCruise, we imagine a world of autonomous operations and are innovating a fundamentally different approach to performance management. OpsCruise’s vision is to automate the performance assurance of cloud applications using a model-driven closed-loop platform. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The OpsCruise team represents a global and talented team that includes domain experts in IT Operations, Networking, Storage, Hyperscale Systems and AI/ML that have built market-leading solutions at companies such as Cisco, Google, Hitachi, HP, Infoblox, Oracle and VMWare among others.
Our engineering culture values creativity, pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
We are searching for an experienced Sr. Technical Marketing Engineer that has a passion for technology and understands how to prove value with enterprise infrastructure SaaS technology. You’ll be able to build-up world class demonstration and POC tool kits to support field sales engineers and sellers. And as we’re an early stage company, you’ll be actively involved in supporting POCs/trials and the associated customer exposure. Finally, you’ll bring your customer/field exposure back to the engineering team to help shape the product’s future.
- Create and manage end to end demo infrastructures and building customer product demos
- Have hands on day to day project management of on-going sales cycles and active POCs
- Have a deep technical knowledge of both OpsCruise’s offering and the customer environments they are sold into
- Support overall sales activities of one or more salespeople selling OpsCruise’s performance assurance offering to new F1000 customers, primarily over the phone
- Clearly delineate the unique features and benefits of OpsCruise to highly technical infrastructure, app and operations stakeholders.
- Conduct competitive analysis that can be used to support field sales engineers and product development
- Work with product management and engineering to continually shape and optimize OpsCruise’s technology and feature sets for the markets we sell into
- Be highly motivated, goal driven, innovative, curious and open minded
- Must have 7+ years of experience as a pre-sales/Technical Marketing Engineer
- Deep technical background in cloud native application architecture and infrastructure
- Hands-on familiarity with virtualization, cloud platforms and containerization/orchestration solutions such as VMware, AWS, Kubernetes and Mesos.
- Successful track record of installing, managing and successfully completing customer trials
- Ability to build and manage demo environments and construct compelling end to end product demos
- Demonstrated success working at start-ups
- Strong team player
- Ability to work hands on with scripting languages such as shell scripting and python
- Strong familiarity with using and setting up cloud networking on AWS, Azure and GCP cloud platforms.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Experience in working with monitoring or APM technologies
- Field experience, e.g., in professional services or sales engineering