Digital business is driving a fundamental shift to cloud-native applications, creating a new set of operational and performance challenges ill-suited to the currently available solutions. At OpsCruise, we imagine a world of autonomous operations and are innovating a fundamentally different approach to performance management. OpsCruise’s vision is to automate the performance assurance of cloud applications using a model-driven closed-loop platform. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The OpsCruise team represents a global and talented team that includes domain experts in IT Operations, Networking, Storage, Hyperscale Systems and AI/ML that have built market-leading solutions at companies such as Cisco, Google, Hitachi, HP, Infoblox, Oracle and VMWare among others.
Our engineering culture values creativity, pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
We are looking for a Lead Java Application Developer who will join our team building and rolling out our SaaS platform in the cloud AI/Ops space.
Our Technology Stack
Our product involves the following technology areas with one or more tools in use in each area:
- Container technologies, including creating Docker plugins and extensions
- Serverless technologies including instrumentation, addons
- Orchestrators including Kubernetes, OpenShift, Mesos, Swarm
- Metric generation and collection including Prometheus and tools like Dynatrace and Datadog
- Tracing including OpenTracing, Jaeger
- Graph tools and Databases including neo4j, JanusGraph, TinkerPop/Gremlin
- TimeSeries databases like Prometheus, OpenTSDB
- NoSQL and Indexing tools like MongoDB, Cassandra, Solr and Elastic
- Messaging tools including Kafka, Akka
- Big Data tools including HDFS, YARN, Spark, Flink
- AI/ML techniques including Statistical Analysis, Classification, Deep Learning, etc.
- Cloud services: AWS, GCP, and Azure, their services in databases, networking and ML tools
- High performance User Interfaces including AngularJS, Vue, D3.js and local stores
- Authentication and Authorization including tools like Okta and KeyCloak
- New features developed independently with the ability to document the design after understanding and evaluating the requirements with necessary groundwork on required application components
- Hands-on coding to implement the design for feature completion
- Able to write unit tests that ensures bug free code
- Able to handle the multi-tenant and performance requirements of the new features and applications.
- Integrate the new features with existing modules, deliver ready to use code meeting necessary build requirements and CI/CD requirements.
- Work with other functional groups for product, technology, QA, tech support and deployment team.
The ideal candidate must have the following qualifications.
- BE/B.Tech Degree from a reputed institution with at least 7 years of relevant experience
- Hands-on experience with Core Java, J2EE with a good knowledge of its ecosystem
- Experience with JUnit, JMH like performance tuning test tools preferred
- REST API design and development experience. Usage of Swagger or other API spec tools would be preferred. Working knowledge on Spring Boot is a plus
- Hands-on experience with some of the following application components is a plus: Solr, Kafka, OpenTSDB, Elasticsearch, Janus graph or any graph DB.
- Experience with databases such as MongoDB, MySQL or PostgreSQL required.
- Familiarity with continuous integration and build tools such as Jenkins or CircleCI, Maven, Ant required
- Experience building applications using microservices architecture is highly preferred. Knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker would be ideal
- Working knowledge on public clouds like AWS or Google cloud or Azure is a plus
- Experience building scalable systems
- Strong problem solving skills and ability and interest to solve complex problems
- Interest in machine learning (ML) data science is a plus
Most importantly, you should be someone who is passionate about building new and innovative products that solve tough real-world problems.